Thursday 22 July 2010

Experiencing Oneness in Love

I’ve always known the obvious; that to make love a part of my life would be beneficial to my relationships. And, like most people I love my parents, siblings and friends, husband, children and co-workers, etc…

In my community I’ve always tried to act kindly and with compassion towards people in general, offering my time and resources where and when I could. Sometimes, I even actively searched for people who looked liked they needed a helping hand, just so I could extend a light of some kind. It seemed like the right thing to do and it made me feel good.

I also learned to ‘love’ in relation to my career. You know, “do what you love and the money will follow,” as the well-known saying goes. Over the years, I’ve spent countless hours reading self-improvement books and thinking about what I LOVE doing that may somehow benefit others (but still result in a pay check or a pat on the back).

I’ve even loved things of the world such as animals, nature, reading, movies (movie popcorn), dining out, music, going to the gym and the like. But in retrospect, what did I really know of love? What did I really know of receiving and extending the sacred energy that binds all things together?

In A Course in Miracles Jesus tells us, ‘Love fulfills all things. Love embraces all things. Love heals all things. Love transforms all things. It has no separate parts and no degrees, no kinds nor levels, no divergencies and no distinctions. It never alters with a person or a circumstance. It is the Heart of God, and also of His Son. It is everywhere and in everything…’

The Apostle Paul said, “If I speak in the tongues of men and angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol. And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Now, as I focus on the real meaning of love, I am ever connected more deeply with the truth of who I am. I am ever more connected with the truth of life itself. As I commit to expressing the power of love in all that I think, say and do, I feel my bond with Spirit growing stronger day-by-day, hour-by-hour, moment by moment.

Sometimes when I’m feeling unsure of myself, I remember the blessed feeling I have when I am in love’s awareness and remember Jesus’ words, “Call to your Father, certain that His Voice will Answer.” When I do, I am instantly flooded with peace and I am reminded of the truth that there is nothing greater than love. Once again I recognize my joy, my happiness and deepest gratification. I am whole and at home.

The power of love is so significant, A Course in Miracles tells us, “If you achieve the faintest glimmering of what love means today, you have advanced in distance without measure and in time beyond the count of years to your release (W-127.7).” Love is in fact the key to our awakening. I’m so thankful that the beauty and inspiration of love has healed and continues to heal my mind in so many ways. Thank you Father for the one gift of yourself that joins us eternally: Love.

No comments: