Saturday 31 July 2010

A Humble (funny) Prayer for Everyday

Father, Thou knowest I am growing older.
Keep me from becoming talkative and possessed
with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.

Release me from the craving to straighten out everyone
else’s affairs.

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless detail.
Give me the wings to get to the point.

Seal my lips when I am inclined to tell of my aches and pains,
for they are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them
grows sweeter as time goes by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong.

Make me thoughtful but not nosey, helpful but not bossy.

With my vast store of wisdom and experience it does seem a pity not to use it all,
but Thou does know Lord that I want a few friends in the end.



Anon--- Unitarian

No comments: