Saturday 5 May 2012

Reality

Did you know that in reality you are perfectly unaffected by all expressions of lack of love? These can be from yourself and others, from yourself to others, or from others to you, because love is not dependent on anything anyone might think, say or do. It’s timeless and changeless. I really embrace this idea because it brings me great comfort to know that all of those times I beat myself up for not feeling good enough, or was self critical for not being younger, smarter or faster didn’t matter one iota and have never even made a dent in the truth of what I am, pure perfection. As an added bonus, we are not only protected from ourselves (we can sometimes be our own worst enemies), we are also protected from other’s expressions of lack of love as well. When I think of all the times I worried that someone was “out to get me” or was angry with me, it boggles my mind. What a joke! The icing on the cake is that our perceived attacks on others actually go no where as well. In the past, I spent endless hours of guilt agonising over something I said to someone that I later regretted, perhaps in a moment of heated argument, or basic stupidity. Worse still, the times I allowed myself to get dragged into gossip or office politics. I always felt terrible after and doubted that I would ever progress along my spiritual path. What a relief to know this is not the case. A wise person once said, “The truth will set you free.” The truth is Love and only Love and that is indeed freedom. We don’t need to search for it because it’s already ours. It is actually what we are. We can’t lose it nor reject it. It simply is. We can’t learn it or teach it because it’s intrinsic. We are the fish and it is the ocean in which we exist. In this ocean of love it’s good to know that we are perfectly safe and at home.

No comments: